Monday, July 11, 2011

Hi Again

Austin


Liam


Beau
Beau

Liam

Omar

Austin and Omar


I haven't been keeping up with my blog. Oopss. I'm going to try to do at least a weekly post and see if I can't improve. So much has happened since I did my last post.


Austin is now 17! He is so close to 6'2 or taller now. This school year coming up he is going to be a senior. I can't believe he is going to be 18 this year. Time has gone by so fast. He is running with Cross Country this summer. I have a feeling this school year is going to be very busy.


Liam is now 7 years old and going into 1st grade. He is looking forward to seeing his friends but not to getting up early. He is learning cursive this summer and doing very well. We have also been working on adding and subtracting in columns and the times table. I'm looking forward to seeing what this year will bring. One thing I do know is Saturdays will be full of birthday parties! I hope he gets to have some of his friends in his new class.


Beau is now 5 years old. He is going to start school in 5 weeks! It's going to be strange to have all the boys in school. I'm excited for Beau and a little nerous for him. Beau is more of a follower than I would like. I'm hoping when a peer tries to talk him into something he knows is wrong he won't listen. Beau is reading and spelling pretty well. Sometimes when he is spelling he will mix up an i for an e and an e for an i. Not bad for 5.


We had a exchange student for the last school year, Omar. He has gone home now and we miss him greatly. Dinners just aren't the same without him. We learned so much about his country and culture. We now have 2 short term exchange students from Iraq. They will be with us another week then off to their next stop. In August Robert will be joining us for the school year. I look forward to getting to know him and his culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment