Monday, January 25, 2010

Be a Person of Your Word

I'm teaching the kids to be a person of their word. I want them to learn that what you have doesn't define who you are and that if you say you are going to do something you follow thru with it. I want my boys to grow up to be honest men. So many people say they are going to do something and never do it. They don't follow thru on their promises. They are like the boy who called wolf. No one will trust them or believe them because they have lied so many times. I don't want that for my children. I want my children to be honest and a person of their word. That will make a huge difference in their lives. At work their employers will know that when they say they are sick or will have a project done at this date it is true. Or if they are the employer their employees will know if they say they are working hard to find benefits at the best rates possible the employees know they are being honest. That will make a difference in their friendships, dating, marriages and relationships with family and friends. Sadly I have been lied to more often lately by family members. This only makes me feel more strongly about teaching my boys how important it is not to lie. The lesson I'm also gaining from this situation is some people are not truthful even when you are. I am a person of my word...at the end of the day it does make a difference in who am. When people ask me questions they know I'm going to be honest. When I give my word I'm going to do somthing they know I will follow thru. Sadly sharing DNA doesn't mean having the same morals. It's one thing to disagree and be honest another to flat out lie. I hope no one ever views my children this way. I pray they learn the value of being a person of your word and honest. God will teach those that lie how horrible it is by the consequences that will come from their choices. Boys make good choices, be honest with yourself and others, be a man of your word. God will bless your socks off!

2 comments:

  1. Well said! I wish more parents were like you!
    Wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree I wish more parents taught morals and values...our world would be a better place! I pray daily for my children's spouses and their parents!

    ReplyDelete