Monday, March 16, 2009

Applewiches

I'm trying to get the kids to eat more healthy things daily. They eat most veggies and fruit well most of the time. Last week I tried a recipe from Paula Deen's my first cookbook. I made Applewiches. They loved them!! I loved no white bread!!! Lauren won't eat any type of "brown bread" better known as wheat bread. This week we are going to try another recipe from this fun cook book.

The kids have been on a yogurt kick for about two weeks now. This week I found soy yogurt on sale at my local grocery store. I got 3 different flavors. I wasn't sure how they would like them but I gave it a try. Soy is so good for us I wanted to find a way to get them to eat it. They loved them!!! So when it's on sale I hope to have several coupons to get as many as possible for them.

Here is the recipe for Applewiches.
slice the apple into 4 circles
spread the tops of the apple slices with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter each
put a slice of cheese on top of the peanut butter
top with another slice of apple for the top of the sandwich. Put each sandwich on the plate and serve right away.

All 3 of the little ones loved this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment